CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Wednesday 29 September 2010

Banned Books Week

This week (September 25 - October 2, 2010) , in USA is the banned Books Week.
I'm not American but I like to support every event that is against censorship.
ALA says that this "annual event reminds Americans not to take this precious democratic freedom for granted. “… and I agree with them (well I would put every habitant of the world instead of American).
So I ask you to support this noble cause and read during the rest of the week one challenged book.
You can find a list of books challenged this year here, fell free to read challenged books from other years.
I'm proud to say that I've read some challenged books:
  • Twilight (series) by Stephenie Meyer
  • My Sister’s Keeper, by Jodi Picoult
  • Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
  • Harry Potter (series) by J.K. Rowling
  • Captain Underpants by Dav Pilkey

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love to recive comments! I'll try to check all the blogs from the people who comment