CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Wednesday 10 November 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (5)

Wainting on Wednesday is a wekly meme hosted at Breaking the Spine.
This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:
                                                Angelfire (Angelfire, #1)
Title: Angelfire
Series:Angelfire,  book 1
Author: Courtney Allison Moulton
Realease Date: February 15th 2011
Publisher: HarperCollins
Age Group: Young Adult
Summary:This debut, the first novel in a trilogy, is achingly romantic, terrifying, and filled with blistering action.

When seventeen-year-old Ellie starts seeing reapers - monstrous creatures who devour humans and send their souls to Hell - she finds herself on the front lines of a supernatural war between archangels and the Fallen and faced with the possible destruction of her soul.

A mysterious boy named Will reveals she is the reincarnation of an ancient warrior, the only one capable of wielding swords of angelfire to fight the reapers, and he is an immortal sworn to protect her in battle. Now that Ellie's powers have been awakened, a powerful reaper called Bastian has come forward to challenge her. He has employed a fierce assassin to eliminate her - an assassin who has already killed her once.

While balancing her dwindling social life and reaper-hunting duties, she and Will discover Bastian is searching for a dormant creature believed to be a true soul reaper. Bastian plans to use this weapon to ignite the End of Days and to destroy Ellie's soul, ending her rebirth cycle forever. Now, she must face an army of Bastian's most frightening reapers, prevent the soul reaper from consuming her soul, and uncover the secrets of her past lives - including truths that may be too frightening to remember.


(Details above from Goodreads)


My thoughts: One word: angels. Also the plot sounds really good, the summary is intriguing and I love paranormal books so I can't wait to read it.

7 comments:

Sharon Galligar Chance said...

This sounds really interesting! Stopped by from the Waiting on Wednesday meme! You have a really lovely blog!

Lacey Weatherford said...

I hear this story was written by an author who participated in the NaNoWriMo project which is going on write now. I know a few people that are doing that challenge as well. What a wonderful way to promote writing! I look forward to reading this one too.
The Delusional Diaries

Gina @ My Precious said...

I've not read any paranormal books. I think I'd have to start on a really lite series to see if this was a genre I could learn to appreciate. Any recommendations? I like children's books and young adult alike.

Lisa_sps said...

LMW, NaNoWriMo is amazing! I'm doing it this year! What about you?

Gina @ My Precious said...

Wow! Thanks for answering my questions. I'm going to check the books out you recommended. I did find a book from another blogger, The Slowest Bookwork, called Switched by Amanda Hawkins. Boy is it ever GOOD!!! Have you read it? Its the first on in a trilogy.

Casey (The Bookish Type) said...

This book does sound awesome!! Did you know it's on NetGalley?? I definitely recommend checking it out!

Lisa_sps said...

Guna; I've never read it, but I'll check it out!

Casey, I already asked it but unfortunately I didn't manage to get it.

Post a Comment

Hi! I love to recive comments! I'll try to check all the blogs from the people who comment