CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Thursday 21 October 2010

Waiting for Payday ( 4)

Waiting for the Payday is a new meme hosted by Bookish Snob that allows bloggers to share books that they are desperate to read even if they have already been out for a while but that they just don't have the money for!
This week the book that I'm desperate to read:
                                                         Twenty Boy Summer
Title: Twenty Boy Summer
Author: Sarah Ockler
 Publisher:Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Release Date: June 1st 2009
Summary: "Don't worry, Anna. I'll tell her, okay? Just let me think about the best way to do it."
"Okay."
"Promise me? Promise you won't say anything?"
"Don't worry." I laughed. "It's our secret, right?"

According to her best friend Frankie, twenty days in Zanzibar Bay is the perfect opportunity to have a summer fling, and if they meet one boy ever day, there's a pretty good chance Anna will find her first summer romance. Anna lightheartedly agrees to the game, but there's something she hasn't told Frankie---she's already had that kind of romance, and it was with Frankie's older brother, Matt, just before his tragic death one year ago.

Beautifully written and emotionally honest, this is a debut novel that explores what it truly means to love someone and what it means to grieve, and ultimately, how to make the most of every single moment this world has to offer.


My thoughts: I've been reading Sarah Ockler blog and I find it very interesting. This book has recently been challenged but I've just heard amazing things about it.

1 comments:

Lacey Weatherford said...

I haven't read this book but the premise sounds very interesting! Thanks a bunch for sharing it!
The Delusional Diaries

Post a Comment

Hi! I love to recive comments! I'll try to check all the blogs from the people who comment